Professional Development Learning
Adult Learning Essentials
Adult Learning EssentialsIf you are new to the world of adult learning, have recently taken up a training role in your industry or have taken over responsibility for learning in your organisation then this course will give you the essential understanding that you need to do your role.
This course introduces essential principles of adult learning. You will look at the impact of learner engagement, memory, adult learning principles, neuroscience
and learning environments.
You’ll also explore learning frontiers – latest developments in the world of adult learning that will strengthen your programs, help build your personal
network and knowledge and introduce social and collaborative elements to engage learners.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Describe essential adult learning principles
- Recognise the importance of the emotional context in a learning environment
- Design learning experiences that engage learners
- Identify factors to improve content retention
- Use ideas from neuroscience in your design of adult learning experiences
- Structure content and learning process for effective learning
- Apply adult learning principles in instructional design
- Describe social and collaborative learning
- Identify personal learning networks and personal knowledge management
You should attend this course if you want to:
- Be more effective in designing learning experiences for adults
- Design learning environments that strengthen the way adults learn
- Learn how neuroscience is impacting learning and development practice
- Apply the latest adult learning elements to your existing programs
- Produce engaging and memorable learning experiences
- Change career to adult learning roles
Participation in this AITD course will be recognised through a certificate and a digital badge.
Download our eBrochure about this course
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR