Professional Development Learning
Facilitation Skills MasterClass
Facilitation Skills MasterClassDo you work with groups of people? Are meeting, strategic planning or change management part of your role? Are you involved in organisational development?
This MasterClass will develop your facilitation skills so that you can effectively prepare and carry out a range of processes to develop your people and business. You will learn how to establish the ground rules, engage the participants, keep things on track and deliver results.
You'll fine tune the core skills of every good facilitator:
- Establishing the purpose
- Planning the process
- Creating the environment
- Warm ups and engagement techniques
- Managing challenging behaviours
- Changing directions mid process
- Asking great questions
- Classic facilitation exercises
Our top-tier facilitators will model best practice as you work your way through the learning process, engaging with the content and other participants, and reflecting on the content and experience as you go.
I found both the content, and the style of delivery to be fantastically useful for my own development and confidence as a facilitator. The opportunity to engage both as a participant, but also to be provided with a deeper insight into the choices made while facilitating the course was extremely beneficial - like two courses in one!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the 'Warm-up' to set up the group and yourself for the learning / event.
- Engage and involve individuals and groups.
- Plan an effective facilitation process.
- Identify and respond to unforeseen changes in group or individual behaviour.
- Modify your process in response to group outcomes.
- Determine the most suitable exercises for your process.
- Describe the elements of great questions.
You should attend this course if you want to:
- More effectively facilitate group processes
- Run meetings with greater efficiency
- Handle challenging behaviours productively
- Take on a more senior role
- Create engaging group processes
- Change career into facilitation
Who should attend?
- Professional trainers
- Organisational Development Professionals
- Executives and senior managers
- Career changers
- Anyone who wants to more effectively facilitate group processes
- Is it about the journey or the destination?
- Being purpose driven
- Clarifying your role and approach
- Planning the journey - how will you get there?
- Classic facilitation process tools
- Owning the space
- Contracting for facilitation
- Engaging participants
- Permission - the secret power
- Group decision making and consensus
- Managing different viewpoints and conflict
- Changing course mid-flight
- Behaviour challenges
- Handling questions
- Managing large group dynamics, energy, interest
- A model for intervention and skills development
- Working with larger groups
- Graphic facilitation
- Chairing meetings
- Practical facilitation planning and evaluation tools
- Review and action planning
Participation in this AITD course will be recognised through a certificate and a digital badge.
Download our eBrochure about this course
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR