Professional Development Learning
Facilitation Skills MasterClass
Facilitation Skills MasterClassThis MasterClass will take your facilitation skills to executive level – learn the skills you need for groups, meetings, organisational development processes or change management.
You will learn how to establish the ground rules, engage the participants, keep things on track and deliver results.
Learn to fine tune the core skills of every good facilitator:
- Establishing the purpose
- Planning the process
- Creating the environment
- Warm ups and engagement techniques
- Managing challenging behaviours
- Changing directions mid process
- Asking great questions
- Classic facilitation exercises
Strategic planning, change management, AGMs, board and executive meetings – they all need particular skills and a good eye for group dynamics. This is not a course for beginners to these processes, but for experienced trainers and facilitators who want to master this field.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the 'Warm-up' to set up the group and yourself for the learning / event.
- Engage and involve individuals and groups.
- Plan an effective facilitation process.
- Identify and respond to unforeseen changes in group or individual behaviour.
- Modify your process in response to group outcomes.
- Determine the most suitable exercises for your process.
- Describe the elements of great questions.
You should attend this course if you want to:
- More effectively facilitate group processes
- Run meetings with greater efficiency
- Handle challenging behaviours productively
- Take on a more senior role
- Create engaging group processes
- Change career into facilitation
Who should attend?
- Professional trainers
- Organisational Development Professionals
- Executives and senior managers
- Career changers
- Anyone who wants to more effectively facilitate group processes
- Is it about the journey or the destination?
- Being purpose driven
- Clarifying your role and approach
- Planning the journey - how will you get there?
- Classic facilitation process tools
- Owning the space
- Contracting for facilitation
- Engaging participants
- Permission - the secret power
- Group decision making and consensus
- Managing different viewpoints and conflict
- Changing course mid-flight
- Behaviour challenges
- Handling questions
- Managing large group dynamics, energy, interest
- A model for intervention and skills development
- Working with larger groups
- Graphic facilitation
- Chairing meetings
- Practical facilitation planning and evaluation tools
- Review and action planning
Participation in this AITD course will be recognised through a certificate and a digital badge.
Download our eBrochure about this course
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR