Professional Development Learning
Google for Learning
Google for LearningGoogle’s technology playground has lots of apps to engage and organise your learners. G Suite for Education can provide you with skills to improve your own digital literacy skills and further your understanding of adult learning environments.
This is a hands-on course where you will be inspired to stretch your own learning muscles, use your creativity and enjoy some free resources.
This online course will model best practice as you work your way through the learning process, engaging with the content, the trainer and other participants. Structured over eight weeks with facilitated online content, discussions and webinars this course will give you essential knowledge and practical skills to deliver creative, curated content and organisation for your learners.
If you are interested in growing your knowledge networks, improving your understanding of online and eLearning environments and would like to consider new ways to engage with your learners with video and augmented reality applications then this is the course for you.
This course is designed for learning professionals who have some basic knowledge of Google docs or other applications and explores further how to contextualise and use Google’s Technology Playground for learning. This course includes an overview and use of Google Classroom.
In this course learner’s will:
- Identify and develop documents in Google Drive
- Design and develop a Google site for a project
- Design and develop a blog for Professional Development
- Explore Google Earth, Google Tours and Google Cultural Institute
- Demonstrate the functionality of Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar and chat
- Interact with other learning professionals using social media in the Google universe
- Organise and manage a YouTube Channel. Create and edit videos with YouTube video editor
- Explore the capabilities and uses for Google Classroom
You should attend this course if you want to:
- Understand the range of Google’s Education applications
- Explore knowledge networks and their capabilities
- Communicate your ideas, projects and experiences with others
- Gather and organise your learning experience tools in an online environment
- Understand basic elements of graphic design, layout and online communication methods
- Experience an online course related to your current work activities
- Develop your understanding of adult learning environments and the capabilities of blended learning.
There are eight modules in this course, delivered over eight weeks.
Introduction to Google Drive – In this module you explore the range of applications in Google drive. This will include Google docs, forms and images.
Google sites – In this module you will design and develop a Google site for a project of your choice. This module will include some design, layout and curation principles.
Blogger – This module will examine the design principles and layout for a blog. It will consider the purpose, audience, navigation and content for the blog. You will create your blog in this module.
Globe trotting – You will explore faraway places, shipwrecks, 3D Ancient buildings and track animals in the ocean. You will explore the moon and mars, the world’s most famous museums and priceless artworks as well as experience Google’s immersive augmented reality tours. This module is out of this world!
Communicate and organise – Google has a number of applications to keep you communicating with your learners and colleagues as well as ways to stay organised and on top of your game.
Google + – In this module you will explore the social media applications in Google and see how the applications work together to communicate with other learning professionals and learners.
YouTube and making videos – There are many online applications that can assist you in making videos but we will use Google’ free video editor to create and publish a video. We will explore how you can use your YouTube channel to engage your learners.
Google Classroom – Google classroom brings together all the G Suite applications. You will discover how to create and submit assessments, run forums, provide feedback, explore collaborative work spaces and more. Explore the amazing capabilities of this application for your workplace or project.
Who is this program for?
- Adult learning leaders
- Instructional designers
- eLearning developers
- Anyone who wants to explore the possibilities in Google for Education.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR