National Training Excellence Awards 2017
28 July 2017 - Award Nominations Close
Nominations are now closed
AITD Excellence Awards for Organisational Excellence in Learning
In 2017 AITD will be offering the following awards for organisational excellence in learning:
- Best Implementation of a Blended Learning Solution
- Best Use of Technology for Learning
- Best Learning Organisation
- Best Use of Social/Collaborative Learning
- Best Use of Gamification/Simulation for Learning
- Best Talent Development Program
AITD Excellence Awards for Individual Excellence in Learning
In 2017 AITD will be offering the following awards for individual excellence in learning:
- Dr Alastair Rylatt Award for Learning and Development Professional of the Year
- Mark Pompei Student Scholarship
The timeframes are as follows:
- 10 April 2017 - Awards Applications Open
- 28 July 2017 - Awards Applications Close
- August 2017 - Judging takes place
- September 2017 - Finalists are announced
- November 2017 - Winners announced at the Awards ceremony
How to Apply for an AITD Excellence Award:
- Step 1: Set up an account on AITD's Awards Platform. This will be your login to complete your online applications.
- Step 2: Start a new entry. Select your category, name your entry. Save it as you go and come back and update when you are ready.
- Step 3: Upload attachments (evidence to support your application) and be sure to submit your brief video summary.
- Step 4: Once you have completed your entry, you can copy it to enter it the same learning initiative in another category.
- Step 5: Download a PDF of your entry to maintain for your records.
- Step 6: Submit your entry/entries by the closing date - 28 July 2017 - by paying the fee and lodging your online application.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the criteria for Organisational Awards?
Download a summary of the 2017 Excellence Awards criteria and evidence requirements
Read about how to prepare a successful AITD Excellence Awards application
Can I enter the same learning initiative in multiple categories?
Yes. Fill out the application once, then duplicate it and change the category. However, please be sure that your entry matches the focus of the categories you are applying for.
Do I have to be an AITD Member to apply?
- Yes, AITD Excellence Awards entrants must be AITD members. However, individual Professional membership (MAITD) can be purchased at check out by selecting
the non-member price.
- Where an application is jointly submitted (e.g. by a company and a consultant/solutions provider) or submitted by a consultant/solutions provider for work with an organisation, it is expected that at least one person from the main organisation who contributed to the learning initiative is an AITD member.
- Applicants for the Best Learning Organisation award must be corporate members of AITD where their organisation has more than 200 employees. To purchase AITD corporate membership, please contact AITD on 02 9211 9414.
How much does it cost to enter the Awards?
- Fees for entry are $300 (inc GST) for members and $600 (inc GST) for non-members.The non-member price includes one membership to ensure eligibility (note: AITD membership is non-transferable or refundable). Entry fees may be paid by credit card only and must be paid online at time of completing submissions. If your submissions have not been paid for at close of entry they may not be included for judging.
- A merchant fee will be applied to entries paid by American Express. These fees will be added to your total and outlined in the payment summary. A receipt will be issued upon payment.
- Please note: No fee is payable for the Dr Alastair Rylatt Award for L&D Professional of the Year, or the Mark Pompei Student Scholarship.
Can you issue an invoice?AITD prefers online credit card payment, however if you require an invoice, please contact AITD Member Services on 02 92119414 by Friday 21 July 2017. An invoice will be emailed to you and payment must be is received prior to the awards closing date.
Why is it important to include all Project Contributors?
Remember to list all project contributors at time of entry as there will not be an opportunity to add them at a later date. Where an entry is awarded Finalist,
Highly Commended or Winner status, all project contributors listed will be issued a Digital Badge for their achievements. Email addresses are required
so that digital badges can be issued to the contributor.
Can I get an extension if I can't meet the deadline?
No. All applications must be submitted by 5pm AEST on FRIDAY 28 JULY 2017. No extensions will be provided.
2016 AITD Excellence Awards Finalists include:
For more information about the AITD Awards:
- Register for AITD's monthly eNewsletter
- Follow AITD on Twitter @aitd1 #AITDAwards
- Follow AITD on LinkedIn
- Join AITD as a member.
- Sponsor the AITD Awards - contact Jann Hing today.
Winners and Finalists
Photos from the event
Click on a photo to enlarge
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR