Measuring Return on Investment (ROI) - Evaluation and Measurement techniques for Learning and HR Professionals
Sydney 4 May 2016 (9:00am - 4:30pm)
This workshop is associated with the AITD2016 Conference.
Learning and Development and HR practitioners are under increasing pressure to demonstrate the contribution that learning experiences maketo their organisation’s effectiveness. Resources are not infinite and measuring results beyond the end of a learning intervention is a powerful way to demonstrate to your organisation that staff development can make a real difference to your bottom line.
This workshop will present you with a valuable opportunity to learn the concepts of return on investment(ROI)along with practical skills that will help you measure the effectiveness of your learning interventions.
As a complimentary bonus to ensure you transfer learning back to your workplace, you will receive three, 30-minute Turning Learning into ActionTM follow up sessions over a period of weeks following the workshop. These highly valued sessions will ensure you create real business impact from your learning.
Who Should Attend?
Learning and Development professionals and HR practitioners who are interested in measuring learning interventions, whether this is business impact or ROI, and who want to be able to demonstrate the real contribution that learning and development can make to business performance.
The workshop will cover:
- What is ROI
- What are the benefits and challenges of using ROI analysis
- ROI Methodology and critical success factors
- The 5 levels of Evaluation and how you choose what to use when
- Measuring effectiveness (including evaluation planning, criteria for selecting levels to evaluate, hard and soft data and data collection tools)
- Starting with the end in mind - how ROI and evaluation measures can shape proposals and design
- Understanding the return your organisation seeks
- Starting an evaluation plan for a specific program
An example of a local government case study, and an easy to use template will also be included in the program for post workshop use.
The facilitator, Emma Weber, will use group discussions and individual exercises to assist participants to understand and practically apply the ROI concepts and methodologies.
To Be Confirmed
Emma Weber's firm belief is that the key aim of learning in the workplace is to create tangible business benefits. This is also the platform on which she has built her successful global business. Emma established Lever – Transfer of Learning to help organisations and their employees convert learning into effective action on the job. Under her guidance, Lever now delivers Turning Learning into Action™ (TLA) methodology with her team and Chatbot Coach M.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR