Twitter for L&D People - Free Webinar
Online 29 March 2017 (12:30pm - 1:15pm (AEDT))
You can access this webinar through your web browser.
Neil Von Heupt
Join Michelle Ockers on this webinar for 2017 to get started on Twitter or to figure out how to get greater value out of your use of this powerful networking and learning platform.
Twitter enables you to connect with others, learn about industry trends, and discover resources. It remains high on the list of Top 100 Tools for Learning, sitting at No. 3 in 2016 after a 7-year run in the No. 1 position.
With the AITD National Conference coming up it’s a great time to get active on Twitter. You can connect with other delegates ahead of time, join the backchannel during the conference, and keep the discussion going afterwards.
This session will provide practical guidance and tips on how to get started with Twitter and get the most out of it as an L&D professional. You may want to have a second device in your hands as you watch this webinar so you can try things out as they are demonstrated.
- Why use Twitter?
- Setting up your profile
- What to do (liking, commenting, tweeting, retweeting, posting links, images)
- Twitter etiquette
- Conference backchannels
- Getting the most out of your Twitter feed (mindset, hashtags, bookmarking, lists)
- L&D People to follow
- Examples of the benefits of using Twitter
- Practical tips on using Twitter
- ‘Bang for your buck’ – getting the most out of your time on Twitter
- Top people to follow and connect with
Who Should Attend?
- Learning and Organisational Development Professionals
- Instructional designers
- Professional trainers
- eLearning designers
- Training managers
- Learning consultants
- HR Professionals
- Career changers
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR