Data Analytics for Learning Professionals (pre-conference workshop)
Sydney 6 June 2018 (9:00am - 4:30pm)
Pre-conference workshops are now available to non- AITD Conference delegates.Register now
Events and Projects Manager
Interested in this event but the date or city isn't suitable? Contact us to find out when and where it has also been scheduled.
Now, more than ever, it’s essential for Learning and Development professionals to be able to work with various sources of data to produce evidence-based learning designed for maximum impact.
During this workshop we’ll cover the broad range of data available to us, zero in on what to look for and learn how to understand and represent what we’ve found. Ultimately, we’ll explore how these findings can be used to drive everything from learning needs analysis, to learning strategy, architecture, implementation and evaluation.
This workshop is essential for anyone wanting to understand the link between L&D and HR and the importance of detailed research to inform best practice, satisfy stakeholders and drive competitive advantage. Well examine questions such as “What is the data telling us?”, “Where else can we find data outside L&D?”, “What can we do with it?” and “How does it inform our practice?”
Who should attend?
- L&D consultants
- OD consultants
- HR consultants
- Learning designers
- Instructional designers
- HR, L&D, OD managers
- Capability consultants
- Talent managers
- People and Culture practitioners
An overview of Chatti’s Four dimensions reference model for learning analytics:
- Indicators and metrics
- Competencies and constraints
- What data is available – inside and outside the organisation?
- What is the best format for our stakeholder audience?
- How do we interpret it – qualitative and quantitative analysis
- How do we represent it?
- Big data and data mining – an overview
- Best practice data collection
- Visual representation
- Graphs and charts
- Word clouds
- Textual analysis
We will examine the best ways to display our data, including:
An introduction to various open source and paid software programs, their uses, features and benefits.
Bringing it all together.
In this final session we will explore how to incorporate what we’ve found for maximum impact and to drive competitive advantage.
We will examine how to use relevant data to drive organisational capability – through learning needs analysis, learning strategy, learning architecture, implementation and evaluation.
To Be Confirmed
|Members||Guests||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR