It's Smarter to Work With Human Nature
Adelaide 5 December 2018 (7:15am - 9:30am)
Breakfast includedRegister now
Interested in this event but the date or city isn't suitable? Contact us to find out when and where it has also been scheduled.
Author of 'Hardwired Humans', Andrew O'Keeffe, shows us how to harness the power of human nature.
Workplaces are human systems. Yet in our complex world we can easily ignore the basic nature of humans. The smartest way to be highly effective as learning
and HR professionals is to use the power of human nature.
When humans shifted into workplaces, beginning with the Industrial Revolution only about 250 years ago, we carried with us 9 instincts that form the human condition. The framework explains behaviours we commonly experience at work, and with this explanation we will know what will work and what won’t. Andrew O’Keeffe will share an informative and practical approach based on the implications of social psychology, anthropology and primatology for life in organisations.
Participants will walk away with explanations on common workplace behaviours and ideas for increasing our effectiveness and influence:
- • Why humans make snap judgments – and how to use this knowledge
- • Gossip as a social tool – and an application for HR and L&D professionals
- • Team sizes that work for humans – and organisation structures that will be dysfunctional
- • Why the belief that “people resist change” is incorrect – and what really happens when humans experience change.
Andrew O’Keeffe is the director of Hardwired Humans and author of Hardwired Humans – Successful Leadership Using Human Instincts and The Boss – A novel based on true stories about bosses.
|Members||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR