AITD Book Club
Online July - September 2019 (12:00pm - 1:00pm)
AITD members only
Looking for a fun way to enjoy books, learn from others and meet new people? Well, look no further than the AITD book club!
Our first book club kicks off on 29 July and will run across 8 weeks with regular scheduled online book club chats happening along the way. No need to worry if you miss a book club chat, they will be recorded and made available for viewing.
Thank you to everyone who voted for their preferred book for the inaugural AITD book club. The poll has now been closed and we can confirm that book that has been chosen is:
Peak: How All of Us Can Achieve Extraordinary Things - Anders Ericsson & Robert Pool
We look forward to getting stuck in and discussing the book with you during the scheduled online sessions. The discussion schedule for these sessions will be as follows:
Book Club Session 1 - Tuesday 6 August – 12:00-1:00pm (AEST)
- (Optional Reading – Introduction)
- 1 The Power of Purposeful Practice
- 2 Harnessing Adaptability
- 3 Mental Representation
Book Club Session 2 - Tuesday 27 August – 12:00-1:00pm (AEST)
- 4 The Gold Standard
- 5 Principles of Deliberate Practice on the Job
- 6 Principles of Deliberate Practice in Everyday Life
Book Club Session 3 - Tuesday 17 September – 12:00-1:00pm (AEST)
- 7 The Road to Extraordinary
- 8 But What About Natural Talent?
- 9 Where Do We Go from Here?
Please note that you will be required to buy your own book.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR