Breaking Down Brick Walls
Perth 30 July 2019 (5:15pm - 7:30pm; Registration from 5:00pm)
Light refreshments will be provided.Register now
Interested in this event but the date or city isn't suitable? Contact us to find out when and where it has also been scheduled.
Join our next FREE local event in Perth to examine why L&D professionals should be at the forefront of prioritising mental wellness in our workplaces.
Creating spaces that prioritise the mental wellness of our workforce is incredibly important; however, we often have to navigate a culture of resistance
to provide successful learning and development around “difficult” topics.
During this session, Damien McVeigh from MATES in Construction, will give an overview of how to prioritise and promote safe discussions about mental wellness. He will reveal the successes and challenges he has experienced training in a resistant - and sometimes hostile environment - that may lack significant understanding of the need to embed suicide prevention and mental health training throughout corporate and industry structures.
Attendees will learn about the need to prioritise workplace suicide prevention and mental health initiatives and gain insight into skills and techniques that may assist in training in other environments resistant to cultural change and apply these learnings to other spaces. These skills are a must for any L&D professional's toolkit in order to become a leader in creating learning spaces that challenge the myths and stereotypes about workplace wellness.
|Members||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR