Royal Australian Navy Medical Simulation and Learning Design Meet-Up
Sydney 7 August 2019 (6:00pm - 8:00pm; Departure from Circular Quay at 5:30pm)
SPACES IN THE WATER TRANSPORT PROVIDED BY THE NAVY ARE LIMITED. PLEASE INDICATE IN THE DIETARY REQUIREMENTS FIELD WHETHER YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A PLACE ON THE BOAT OR IF YOU WILL MAKE YOUR OWN WAY TO HMAS PENGUIN.Register now
Join us for our upcoming local event in Sydney to take an exclusive look at the Royal Australian Navy's simulation facilities at HMAS Penguin (Mosman).
In 2015, the Old Balmoral Hospital was converted to a modern simulation facility for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). The RAN medical school now conducts
simulation-based training in the operating theatre, a resuscitation unit and a ward to prepare teams consisting of medical and nursing specialists,
which includes undergoing mission rehearsal exercises. Attendees will have the opportunity to view all this in action.
The Sailor Leadership and Management Faculty provides sailor career leadership and management training to meet navy and ADF requirements. They provide the first step of career development training for sailors after conducting initial training at recruitment and specific category training.
Attendees will be provided a first-hand experience of the technology being utilised at the RAN Medical Simulation School together with the newly opened learning space at the RAN Sailor Leadership and Management School. There will be the opportunity to mix with uniform officers and discuss methods implemented in RAN training.
The Royal Australian Navy will provide water transport to and from HMAS Penguin, departing from Circular Quay at 5:30pm. Please meet at the Man O War Steps near the Opera House. Please confirm in the dietary requirements section of the registration form if you would like to secure a space on the boat.
If you are making your own way to the event, please arrive at HMAS Penguin by 5:30pm to allow enough time to park and pass through security.
|Members||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR