Comic Intelligence (Post-AGM networking event)
Adelaide 15 November 2019 (5:30pm - 7:30pm; Registration from 5:00pm)
Drinks and canapes provided. **Please note that non-members will not be eligible to vote at the AGM**Register now
Interested in this event but the date or city isn't suitable? Contact us to find out when and where it has also been scheduled.
To celebrate the AITD annual general meeting being held in Adelaide for the first time, the SA divisional council will be hosting an unmissable post-AGM event.
Immediately following the annual general meeting, the AITD SA divisional council have secured local award-winning comedian, Kate Burr, to join us as a
guest speaker. With a background in stand-up comedy, Kate will be sharing her insights on instantly connecting and engaging with people and getting
them to retain your message - key skills for L&D professionals - via the medium of 'comic intelligence'.
Against the backdrop of the Adelaide skyline in the late spring, you'll also get to enjoy the Weber balcony experience with drinks and interactive BBQ canapes. This is a great opportunity to network with AITD's board of directors and CEO, as well as your local learning and development community - don't miss out!
Registering for this event includes access to the AITD annual general meeting. Please note that if you are an AITD member and have already registered to attend the AGM, you will be automatically registered for this event and DO NOT need to register again.
Non-members are very welcome to attend both the AGM (please note that you will not be able to vote on any motions put forward) AND the Comic Intelligence event immediately afterwards.
5:00 - 5:30pm | Registration, networking and light refreshments
5:30 - 6:00pm | AGM proceedings
6:00 - 6:30pm | Guest speaker - Kate Burr
6:30 - 7:30pm | Networking drinks and BBQ canapes
Weber Head Office
142-144 Fullarton Road
An award winning comedian with over 15 years experience as a professional speaker, event MC and stand-up comedian. Sharing the story of BEHIND THE LAUGHTER, Kate runs programs to help people to be funny on purpose and develop their Comic Intelligence. In business, the primary reason for humour isn't laughter; its engagement - as better engaged teams, leaders, clients and audiences leads to better performance and results. Humour is used to support your key messages, brand and personality. Rather than just telling a joke to make people laugh, Kate focuses on using humour with the purpose to engage and influence. Creator of the FUNNY ON PURPOSE method, "left-brained" comedy and joke writing is taught in a logical way with templates, checklists, laugh data and reference maps methodology to get you in the humour zone.
|Members||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR