Skills of the Modern Age - Are you ready for the future ?
Perth 11 March 2020 (8:00am - 9:30am; Registration from 7:45am)
Please note entrance to the venue is located in the alleyway behind Toastface Grillah. Breakfast will be provided including your choice of coffee or hot drink, a range of gourmet grilled sandwiches and fresh fruit.Register now
Interested in this event but the date or city isn't suitable? Contact us to find out when and where it has also been scheduled.
Join us for the most important meal of the day. Meet with your local learning community and hear from Nate Sturcke about how Skills of the Modern Age (SOMA) are on a mission to get people excited about the future of work and how we can retool Australian workers for future jobs - one learner at a time.
THE CONTEXT: The world has never been a more exciting place. In the last 20 years, advancements in technology have enabled an explosion of human potential on a scale never before seen. The economy, our lives and our jobs have been transformed and will never be the same again.
THE CHALLENGE: Australia is failing to prepare itself to become a competitive nation of the modern age. Our economy is undiversified with a heavy reliance on services and resource exports, and our workforce is unprepared for the jobs of the future. According to CEDA, there is a high probability that 40 per cent of Australia's workforce, or more than five million people, may be replaced by automation in the next 10 to 20 years.
THE CONVERSATION: There is however, an opportunity in the wake of this disruption. Whilst Australia currently lags in many measures of innovation output, we have the ability to embrace this challenge and develop a new, modern economy based on the values of entrepreneurship, creativity and lifelong learning.
Nate is a passionate educator and advocate of the local Perth innovation and startup community. Founder and Managing Director of the Skills of the Modern Age (SOMA) and Skill Social, and previously holding senior roles at RAC, Health Engine, Founder Institute and Startup Weekend.
|Members||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR