The Reality of AR and VR in Learning
Sydney 10 May 2017 (9.00am - 4.30pm)
This special workshop is associated with the AITD2017 Conference and delegates can obtain preferential pricing on this workshop by booking with their conference registration or contacting AITD. This workshop can only be booked with a Conference registration at this time.Register now
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) used to be within the realm of science fiction, seen only in movies (think R2D2’s projection of Princess Leia in Star Wars, Iron Man’s heads up display and Avatar’s projection of the tree of life). However, in recent years, the development of information technology has progressed in leaps and bounds.
With Facebook’s purchase of Occulus for $2B, Apple’s purchase of AR company Metaio and Microsoft’s development of HoloLens it shows that the big players are moving into the AR/VR space.
The utilization of AR/VR technologies in training & development will blend the real world with online applications to provide an engaging, immersive, contextual and customized learning experience.
In this full day workshop participants will be able to experience some examples of this rich learning first hand. They will also be presented with a design challenge, on how they can implement AR/VR in their role or industry. Participants will also engage with some of the tools available to create AR/VR experiences, to create a simple AR/VR experience.
The structure of this workshop will include:
- What Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality is
- A hands-on look at some applications of AR/VR in learning
- Options for creating AR/VR in learning
- Tools for creating an AR/VR experience
- Practical application of the tools
To Be Confirmed
|Members||Guests||Non - Members|
- Early-bird discounts do not apply in conjunction with pre-release discounts
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- A 2% surcharge is applied for American Express transactions
- Payment is required at the point of registration. If an invoice is required prior to payment, contact AITD to request an invoice. Please specify the name, location and date of event.
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR