Innovation Cultivation: The National Innovation Agenda and its impact for learning and development professionals
Sydney TBA (TBA)
The national Science and Innovation Agenda, released in December 2015, sets out the plan for Australian companies and research bodies to embrace innovation and to build sustainable businesses.
In an era of significant change to consumer and enterprise behaviour, particularly in terms of technology use, the Agenda is significant in its support of training and development programs and projects around innovation. But there is still widespread distrust of innovation programs in businesses of all sizes, due to risk and cost intolerance, as well as disunity over what qualifies as 'innovation'.
Learning and development professionals need to understand the scope of innovation opportunities in business contexts, and to be able to communicate these effectively in corporate environments. Further, they need to understand how to tap in to the opportunities that the Agenda provides for making businesses innovation-ready. This session will untangle the innovation jungle, preparing learning and development professionals for innovation cultivation.
- Definition of what constitutes innovation and how it can help sustain business
- Scope of the Science and Innovation Agenda as it pertains to learning professionals
- Details on how to develop programs that capitalise on the Innovation Agenda
- Inspiration for innovation education in your business
Sydney Masonic Centre
66 Goulburn Street
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR