Developing a Social Learning Strategy
Sydney TBA (TBA)
This is a session during AITD2016 conference
We are not just learning professionals but educators. It is therefore essential that we consider the whole person, their experiences, biases, life pressures and how they learn socially outside of the walls of the office.
As the boundaries between work and life blur, do we have an obligation to develop the whole person? Rather than just work behaviours, let's continue to provide capabilities across someone’s life. Having a high performing whole person is only going to benefit the organisation.
But how do you gain management buy in for your social learning strategy? And how do you educate your people to get effective involvement in social learning initiatives?
This session will explore how L&D professionals can develop the whole person through a social learning strategy. You will learn persuasion techniques for gaining management support as well as the importance of integration with other learning programs, key strategic business programs and staff initiatives to encourage involvement and commitment of your people.
- Considering the whole person as an underpinning of your learning programs
- How to gain management buy-in
- Getting effective involvement in social learning initiatives.
Sydney Masonic Centre
66 Goulburn Street
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR