Creating a Strategic L&D Agenda
Sydney 4 May 2016 (9:00am - 4:30pm)
This is a pre-conference workshop associated with the AITD2016 Conference. In the first instance, registration is limited to conference attendees only.
L&D trendcatcher Ger Driesen presents a unique workshop as part of the AITD Conference. This is a rare opportunity to spend a day with a renowned expert in the profession.
The ambition to add maximum value to the strategic agenda of the organisation as a Learning and Development professional or department is a healthy one. It’s also often easier said than done. The mantra of ‘getting a seat at the C-suite table’ as the only way to go, might lead to more frustration than results.
It is good to know there are other ways, other approaches to get you in charge with a step by step process. The first step is to demystify all things ‘strategy’ so you will be able to collect and connect the dots of the strategic agenda of your organisation in a practical way. It will also help you to build meaningful partnerships with stakeholders to create and implement an agreed on strategic L&D agenda. By doing so, it will enrich your job and improve your workplace.
During this workshop we will cover:
- Different forms and appearances of strategy
- Collecting and connecting the dots of a strategic agenda of your organisation
- Matching of the strategic agenda with target groups of personnel
- Creating a strategic L&D agenda
- Applying performance orientation, partnership and the right timing to create a ‘healthy ecosystem’ around the strategic L&D agenda
- Tools and frameworks that help you focus on a performance improvement orientation
- Moving from a strategic L&D agenda to a master plan for implementation
- Creating systems and measures to gain insight in effectiveness and added value of the implemented strategic L&D agenda
Attending this workshop will assist you to:
- Recognise the different ‘faces’ of strategy
- Develop an understanding of the strategic agenda of your organisation
- Translate this to a strategic learning agenda
- Create partnerships to implement the strategic learning agenda effectively
- Create a more rewarding job and get appreciated for your added value
Who should attend:
- Chief Learning Officers
- L&D Managers
- HR Managers
- Professionals involved in developing learning strategies for an organisation.
To Be Confirmed
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR