What Divides Also Unites – Bridging Cultures to Build Careers
Sydney TBA (TBA)
This is part of the AIDT2016 program
Indigenous people from all over the world are struggling to build careers and organisations find it equally hard to recruit, engage and retain them.
Sean O’Toole is the 2015 Fulbright scholar in vocational education and training and he has devoted the past twelve months to investigating innovative solutions to this problem. Sean will provide valuable insights into Indigenous cultures and learning styles and practical examples of some of the world’s best practices in Indigenous education and career development.
This presentation will show how organisations need to move beyond traditional models of cultural awareness to expand employee understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Improved understanding of Indigenous cultures
- Strategies to increase organisational cultural intelligence
- Strategies to enable organisations to engage and retain Indigenous employees
To Be Confirmed
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR