Case Study: The Power of Fun and Games
Sydney 11-12 May 2017 (TBA)
This is a session at AITD2017 Conference.
Thinking about using simulation or gamification in your learning program? Hear how the Winner of the 2016 AITD Excellence Award for Best Use of Gamification/Simulation for Learning, Elemental Projects and Sydney Water Corporation, approached a learning challenge using game mechanics to drive team building, learning and change.
The Battle is a four-hour, high-impact, interactive project simulation co-designed and delivered for over 180 Sydney Water Corporation employees as part of a change management program. Teams were tasked to build a war machine, use drones and compete in an epic battle, while following the project lifecycle, project methodology and game rules. During this presentation we will discuss the challenges of this project simulation, the application of gamification design techniques, delivery and measurable impact.
- How gamification can drive engagement, innovation and interaction
- The importance of purposeful game design to support business needs
- How to embed reflection and soft skill development to unlock greater individual, team, social and cultural benefits
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR