Change your game (aka: the good the bad and the playful)
Sydney 11-12 May 2017 (TBA)
This is a session at AITD2017 Conference
Behavioural Science, Persuasive Technology, Gamification, Behavioural Change. Some of the key concepts in the new digital focus on health and education are coming straight out of the entertainment and gaming sectors.
Games are an area where failing is actually part of the fun, leading to some new ways of thinking about how this can be used across a range of areas, including mental health and lifestyle changes.
Jennifer will provide a few examples of how games and gamification are being used for these purposes, with a focus on one key app, My Quitbuddy, showing how the right balance of nudge, nag and failure can generate real success.
- Games and gamification can increase adherence or participation in activities, often simply by making it more fun
- Personalisation, nudges, reinforcement, goal setting and playful design are all part of this
- Treat gamification with care! It isn’t a panacea or one-size-fits-all!
Sydney Masonic Centre
66 Goulburn Street
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR