Visual Design for eLearning and Slides
Sydney 10 May 2017 (9.00am - 4.30pm)
This special workshop is associated with the AITD2017 Conference and delegates can obtain preferential pricing on this workshop by booking with their conference registration or contacting AITD. This workshop can only be booked with a Conference registration at this time.
eLearning and training slides are visual mediums, yet most learning designers have not been trained in the principles of visual design.
Effective graphics are essential to learning success, yet many practitioners find visual design to be challenging and frustrating. Furthermore, many learning designers falsely believe that they can not improve their skills because they are not artists.
In this hands-on workshop, you will see that everyone can improve their visual design skills. Drawing is not a requirement. This full-day course explores the components of visual design (graphic space, images, and typography) and the foundation principles of graphic design.Using PowerPoint as your graphic editor, you will practice by applying design principles to eLearning templates and graphics.
You will also consider ways to optimize graphics to promote learning. You will leave this workshop able to design with intention, rather than making random
or haphazard design choices.
In this session, you will learn:
• How to make intentional design choices that make your visuals appealing and effective
• How to create graphics that meet your needs through layout, imagery, and typography
• The foundation principles of visual design that have the most impact
• How to transform bullet points into visuals
• How to explain the rationale behind your design choices
To Be Confirmed
Terms and Conditions when registering for an AITD event
Including workshops and conferences
- AITD requires 10 working days written notice for any cancellations. A 20% cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund (and will be considered owing if invoice is unpaid).
- For cancellations less than 10 working days prior to the workshop or event, including non-attendance on the day, there will be no refund and any outstanding monies will be considered owing.
- A substitute may be sent in the place of the registered delegate for no additional fee with the exception of a non-member replacing a member (the fee difference will be charged).
- AITD retains the right to cancel a workshop or event and will offer a full refund or transfer.
- AITD is not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs that you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled workshop or event.
Payment of fees
- All events must be paid in advance.
- You will receive confirmation within 5 working days after receipt of your order.
- Booking forms become a tax invoice once the registration fee has been paid in full.
- Pre-release and Early-bird registration fees must be paid by the expiry date.
- AITD will take active steps to collect any outstanding fees including engaging a mercantile agency.
- AITD reserves the right to vary the program, presenters and speakers where necessary.
- Delegates and sponsors may be given a list of all delegates (name and basic contact details only).
- Receipt of your registration form will signal your acceptance of inclusion on the delegate list.
- Should you wish to opt-out, please contact AITD to indicate your desire to be removed from a delegate list.
- Delegates may be photographed at an AITD event for use in AITD promotional material.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR