The Benefits of AITD Membership
What unites our members is a common belief in the value of continuous learning and professional development to build a thriving, adaptable workforce
AITD provides free or discounted professional development opportunities for members including:
- Professional development events are held in each State / Territory. Combining networking and knowledge sharing, these events are generally held outside office hours - such as breakfast sessions or after-work functions.
- National workshops which provide structured high quality professional development. These one-day or half-day workshops are for professionals looking to extend their skills and knowledge of training and development theory and practice.
- Regular Webinars featuring leading international speakers on a variety of contemporary topics.
- An Annual National Conference designed for learning and development professionals, featuring keynote addresses by leading industry speakers and a diverse range of concurrent workshops.
Networking is essential for professionals working in training, learning and development.
- AITD facilitates networking events so members can make personal contact and establish links with other like-minded professionals.
- In addition to face-to-face networking opportunities, virtual networking is also available through AITD's LinkedIn Group.
Information and knowledge
Access essential reading for training, learning and development and HR professionals keen to keep up to date with the latest trends and developments within the industry.
- AITD's bi-monthly Training & Development magazine is sent to all members.
- In the members-only section of our website you can access past articles, industry research and reports.
- Receive regular email newsletters with information about national activities, local events, industry news and more.
- Access to over 4100+ business magazines and journals and over 8000+ business ebooks through the EBSCO Business Source database.
Demonstrate to your staff, colleagues and clients that you are committed to best practice in training, learning and development.
- Use our member logo on your resume, website and stationery.
- Nominate yourself or your company for the annual AITD Training Excellence Awards where excellence in learning and development and organisational development is recognised.
- Increase your profile by applying to be an AITD networking speaker, or writing an article for Training and Development magazine.
- Use the post-nominals MAITD, or apply to become an Associate Fellow (AFAITD) or Fellow (FAITD).
AITD member discounts include:
- Access significant discounts on professional indemnity insurance through our insurance partners Guild Insurance.
- Access a 20% discount and free delivery (within Australia) on all titles through Footprint Books.
- Up to 30% off the standard price of AITD workshops, networking and professional development events.
- Up to 30% off the standard price of AITD conference registration. By registering multiple delegates as a group, savings can reach up to 40% off. Further discounts may apply for early bird registrations.
- AITD members have opportunities for discounted advertising in AITD's magazine, website and e-newsletters).
- AITD members have opportunities for discounted sponsorship in AITD's Excellence Awards, Annual Conference and exhibition.
OUR SPONSORS BECOME A SPONSOR